The Commission encourages people to try to solve their human rights disputes informally, before involving the Commission. The Commission will usually refer potential discrimination complaints back to internal dispute resolution processes, when they are available.
Having your own internal dispute resolution process that is fair, flexible, efficient and effective can:
- prevent discrimination complaints.
- help resolve disputes before they get out of control.
- allow people to have an active role in resolving the dispute.
- resolve the issue easier and faster.
- save legal fees and/or court costs for your organization.
- What is an internal dispute resolution process?
- How to develop an internal dispute resolution process?
- Date modified: