How do I file a complaint?

If you believe you have experienced discrimination, please consult the following documents:

At any time, you can also choose to contact us by mail or by telephone. 

Mail your written complaint to:
Canadian Human Rights Commission
344 Slater Street, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1E1

Call and make your complaint to our National Call Centre:
Toll Free: 1-888-214-1090
TTY: 1-888-643-3304
Fax: 613-996-9661

If you need help to complete the form, you can reach the Commission by Email

Open Monday to Friday, 
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

You can also write to us and tell us what happened in your own words. 

Someone from the Commission will contact you within 14 days of having received your call or your documents. 

You do not need a lawyer to file a complaint.

What will happen next?


Text Resize

-A +A