How to File a Complaint
If you believe you have experienced discrimination, you may wish to make a complaint. You do not need a lawyer to file a complaint. The Commission aims to contact you within 20 days of having received your complaint. If you need help with your complaint, you can reach the Commission by email.
Download the Complaint Form and fax it to: (613) 996-9661
What You Need to Know
- You should file a complaint within 12 months of the act or treatment that you are complaining about. The Commission does make exceptions.
- You can file a complaint on behalf of others as long as you have their consent.
- You don’t need to pay a fee to file a complaint.
- You don't need to hire a lawyer or get other legal assistance. However, if you decide to hire legal help, you are responsible for paying the associated costs.
- You can call the Commission and ask for help.
- The Commission is impartial and it does not take your side or the respondent's.
- Date modified: